The Electrify Your Ride Program provides 3CE customers with a “one-stop-shop” for transportation electrification rebates and support. Rebates are available for electric vehicles, Level 2 EV chargers, and EV readiness (electrical work related to charger installation).
Who Is Eligible?
Commercial customers enrolled in 3CE service related to a commercial, agricultural, non-profit, multi-family housing, or industrial entity as well as public agencies are eligible to apply for the Electrify Your Ride Program. Commercial property owners can apply for up to five EV Incentives, and up to three Project Sites for EV Chargers and EV Readiness incentives.
Commercial customers must submit one application per project site (address).
- Environmental and Health Benefits
- In full electric mode, an electric car produces zero tailpipe emissions, dramatically lowering smog and greenhouse gas emissions
- Cleaner cars mean cleaner air and better health
- Fuel Costs
- Electric vehicles typically achieve better fuel economy and have lower fuel costs than similar conventional vehicles
- Maintenance Costs
- Electric motors have far fewer moving parts and never require oil changes, new spark plugs or fuel filters. Regenerative braking also extends the lifespan of brake pads by using the electric motor to decelerate the vehicle
Measures can be applied for together or independently in any sequential order. Purchases and/or installation must be made between August 1, 2023, and August 31, 2024.
EV Purchase or Lease
- Vehicle(s) must be registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to an address enrolled in CCCE service
- Vehicles must be one of the following vehicle types: Battery Electric Vehicles (“BEV”), Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicles (“PHEV”) (income qualified applicants only), Electric Motorcycles (new only)
- Eligible used vehicles must meet the following requirements: Must be 8 model years old or newer (e.g., Year 2022 = 2015 or newer), less than 75,000 original miles, no modifications to chassis or emission control systems, clean Title (cannot be salvaged), no open recalls. (open recalls must show proof of repairs)
Level 2 Charger Purchase
- EVSE must be connected to electric service at the time of application submittal
- Must be Level 2 EVSE (requires 240-volt power source)
- Must be permanently installed/hardwired or plugged into a 240 VAC outlet if equipped with an appropriate plug connection
- Must be WIFI enabled (“networked”)
- Must be purchased new (not refurbished).
- Must be certified by Underwriters Laboratory Inc. (“UL Listed”)
- The Level 2 EVSE Purchase incentive is intended to provide rebates associated directly with Level 2 charging equipment costs (i.e., the point of sale cost of the charging unit). Ongoing operational costs, subscription costs, and other indirect project costs will not count towards the total cost of the equipment
- Electrical work must be completed at the time of application submittal
- If EVSE installation and/or electrical work was performed by someone other than the homeowner/property owner, the installer must be authorized to perform electrical/installation work, as defined by the Authority Having Jurisdiction building guidelines
- May include materials and labor that occur in anticipation of or during installation of EVSE – receptacles, J-boxes, conduit, smart splitters, electrical service panel upgrades and replacements, and more
- Ongoing operational costs, subscription costs, and other indirect project costs will not count towards the total cost of the EV Readiness project